Thursday 6 December 2012

Dreamers

The gyan-preacher within my friend
pops up his beyond his realm,
He asks me, "Are you ever serious,
Do you ever dream?"

"Where's the essence of life
in simple happiness, not keeping goals?"
Goes on- "You don't see the importance -
looking for a purpose, filling up the holes?"

Peace was threatened, alarms struck,
Precaution-first - I slipped down the couch;
Then rising and galloping in the fields of gold -
Dream, did you say? I only know, for me I'd vouch.

No Martin Luther King, but I take my little run
And then off I fly,
Up with the birds,
And paper planes in the golden sky.

And when in Amsterdam I alight,
Join a couple of friends there,
Stuff-green, brown, white; liquid- that too!
Too much Trance to share.

Then I set sail
To the shores of the Beatles-land;
Watch the final game of the already league winners,
Accolades to Stevie-G I send!

Back in my city, without me-
You know how bad the music went
coz I've been kicked out of the band, 
Sree thinks I'm too arrogant.

But what do you know,
Papon says Rahul Ram wants me to join them now;
We conduct our little jamming session
Banao banao and some more banao!

Creation within a creation?
I need a totem to keep track
Even better, I set off towards North-
Himalayas - mind you, to never be back.

God, I stumble upon - a few questions, one long debate
In my candid quest.
Is it your imperfection, or you're just having fun?
Knowing the truth, I put my case to rest.

Civilization needs me I'm told,
So for the greater good
I shed my fantasia-blend repertoire, leave the hills
The juvenile life resting upon leaves, hay and wood.

Civilization? So, after some Bungee jumping in New Zealand
And Vegas for a few stints of poker,
I head to Hollywood to meet Chris Nolan,
Learn more about the drama- the legacy that was Joker!

There I take my chances - the ultimate dream,
To salsa with Jennifer Aniston.
and just as I take my lady's hand, 
That puny friend wakes me up, the dream is done.
Damn.

Phantasmagoria? nah!


"I was the dream weaver but now I'm reborn" - John  Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment