Wednesday 29 January 2014

Not Good

There was an uprising, if so we believe, somewhere in December 2012. Intellectuals were in divided opinions, some skeptical - others hopeful. Some backed the "People's Revolution" with not-ignoble facts like awareness, alertness, dutifulness, reaction etc. Some called it a sentiment overflow.. an in-vogue activity, a social media trend, a wave that shall pass.

That was 2012. 2013 was another year. The impact, the repercussions should have been felt in 2013.

There is certainly a different air among the people. When I open up for a discussion, and very very rarely do I, I feel the rage within the people. The anger is there. I have been a witness to a couple, and a part of three  incidents in the last two years itself where this rage has shown, for good.
Only, I pray - more of the former transforms into the latter - discussions to action. Most of the talk has been about what should be done to the culprits, and the blame on the governments. About time we started talking about what we should do. And then act upon it.


This, I don't want to say a word about. Only one thing, either this has to change, or everything will change. Enough said.





Happy New Year. I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment