Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Nights That Were

A few years back.. those chilly and silent nights.. sitting on the terrace.. with one of my friends.. and a hot cup of tea to accompany... favorite music playing at surprisingly low volumes.."Nothing Else Matters" or "Comfortably Numb" many a times.. looking at the deceptive night-sky.. and shades of moon-light.. we'd know what the other would be thinking.. and philosophical talks would start.. completely honest; and in spontaneity.. each time.. the mystifying thoughts would overpower our minds.. words forming up from thoughts.. and thoughts from words.. stimulated by the ambient perhaps.. the why's and why-not's.. life and death.. right and wrong.. how it should be what never was.. going beyond what a normal eye sees.. and a normal mind would perceive.. finding a weird explanation that overlaps with past experiences... all that I'd never contemplated before..the cups would soon go empty.. dry up.. but we never seemed to get out of the syllogisms.. idealism; in theory.. setting up axioms.. 
Then watching the night transform into the day; that was routine.. there would be no conclusions.. yet.. the moments I'll cherish the most!!


"There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all"

No comments:

Post a Comment